Summer School on Experimental Models (July 4 -8, 2022)
What is the Summer School about?
This Summer School provides participants with an overview of the most relevant experimental models and innovative tools for studying the complex pathophysiology of CKD progression. In parallel, the cellular and molecular bases of CKD progression will be presented.
The school is being developed as part of the TrainCKDis network (Multidisciplinary Training in Chronic Kidney Disease: from genetic modifiers to drug discovery; www.trainckdis.eu): a European innovative, multidisciplinary, and intersectoral training programme to prepare the next generation of top-level scientists to develop creative solutions for transforming CKD research. The TrainCKDis project is funded under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action Innovative Training Network (H2020 MSCA-ITN-2019).
Fabiola Terzi, Institut Necker Enfants Malades, INSERM, Université Paris Cité
Marco Pontoglio, Institut Necker Enfants Malades, INSERM
Who Can Participate?
The Summer School is designed for those who wish to upgrade their knowledge of genetic epidemiology of complex diseases, with special attention to kidney function and CKD:
- PhD students in biomedical disciplines
- Postdoctoral researchers
- Faculties and researchers from academic institutions
- Researchers from non-academic institutions, including private companies
What to expect? The 5-day training will cover:
- Modelling CKD progression: Introducing the glomerular, tubular and interstitial models used to mimic CKD in rodents, together with novel models developed in zebrafish and drosophila to study glomerular and tubular functions.
- New tools to explore kidney function and structure: Providing knowledge and practical training on how to image kidney (intravital microscopy, tissue clearing) and how to modify target genes (CRISPR/Cas9).
- Elucidating the cellular and molecular events of CKD progression: Providing basic understanding of CKD pathophysiology. Experts in cell proliferation and apoptosis, cellular stress, autophagy cell signalling will provide the teaching, with particular emphasis on techniques.
- Mouse genetics: Providing basis for understanding and managing the genetic variability of mouse strains to develop novel mouse models. Particular emphasis will be on techniques and bioinformatics programmes developed to identify gene variants.
- Pharmacological screening: Providing an overview on the development of novel treatments from in silico approaches to high throughput screening of pharmacological libraries, with particular emphasis on renal cellular models.
The Summer School will be held in English.
You will find here the final agenda.
Deadlines & registration
How to submit:
Please consider that admission to the Summer School will be based on an evaluation of the motivation letter (1 page) and CV (1 page).
- 1st Mai 2022: Application (CV + motivation letter)
- Extension date: 13th June (originally 1th June 2022): Application deadline
- Extension date: 20th June (originally 15th June 2022): Notification to the participants about the outcome of the application
- Extension date: 20th June (originally 15th June 2022): Registration opens
- 30th June 2022: Registration closes & fee payment deadline
- Free participation to the PhD students of the consortium TrainCKDs.
- Free participation to 5 students from these countries. The students will be selected on the base of their applications.
- 100€ – MSc, PhD, Postdoc students, Academic researchers, Non-academic researchers (for-profit companies).
- If your participation is NOT FREE of charge, please firstly register below to get an invoice and after register to get a Zoom link to access the Summer School.
The summer school will be held at: Institut Necker Enfants Malades (INEM) - INSERM - Université Paris Cité
Faculté de Médecine, 156-160 Rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris
Université Paris Cité: https://u-paris.fr/en/
Send application & questions to: TrainCKDis Project Manager, Clara COQUART at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line TrainCKDis: Summer School [Application or Question] - [your Name]