Summer School on Pharmaceutical medicine (July 3 - 7, 2023)
What is the Summer School about?
The school is being developed as part of the TrainCKDis network (Multidisciplinary Training in Chronic Kidney Disease: from genetic modifiers to drug discovery; www.trainckdis.eu): a European innovative, multidisciplinary, and intersectoral training programme to prepare the next generation of top-level scientists to develop creative solutions for transforming CKD research. The TrainCKDis project is funded under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action Innovative Training Network (H2020 MSCA-ITN-2019).
Dr. Ariela Benigni, Istituto Di Recerche Farmacologiche Marico Negri, IRCCS, Scientific secretary, Research Coordinator Bergamo and Ranica
Dr. Susanna Tomasoni, Istituto Di Recerche Farmacologiche Marico Negri, IRCCS, Head of Department, Molecular Medecine
Dr. Daniela Macconi, Istituto Di Recerche Farmacologiche Marico Negri, IRCCS, Senior Advisor, Dipartimento di Ricerca Medicina molecolare
Who Can Participate?
The Summer School is designed for those who wish to upgrade their knowledge of genetic epidemiology of complex diseases, with special attention to kidney function and CKD:
- PhD students in biomedical disciplines
- Postdoctoral researchers
- Faculties and researchers from academic institutions
- Researchers from non-academic institutions, including private companies
What to expect? The 5-day training will cover:
- Theory, research practice and innovation in pharmacology: Providing in-depth and comprehensive understanding of clinical research principles and practice.
- Ethical and legal requirements and regulatory and financial dimensions of clinical research.
- Clinical studies in practices: project management and coordination. Providing a systematic understanding and critical awareness of clinical trial protocol. ESRs will learn strategies for developing risk-based monitoring in investigational studies. Special focus will be on efficiency and security of data management in clinical research.
- Scientific communication: Providing an understanding of how to read clinical research results and write a scientific paper. In addition, the role of patients in clinical research from passive (patient is a ‘data point’) to active (patients as ‘research partners’) will be examined.
- Drug discovery and development process, regulatory and commercial aspects of management in the pharmaceutical industry: Participants will gain an understanding of medical regulation principles, quality system of drug lifecycle activities principles, how enterprises are organized, and how leading a team in a pharmaceutical company.
You will find here the final agenda.
Deadlines & registration
How to submit:
Please consider that admission to the Summer School will be based on an evaluation of the motivation letter (1 page) and CV (1 page).
- 1st Mai 2023: Application opening (CV + motivation letter)
- 1st June 2023: Application deadline
- 15th June 2023: Notification to the participants about the outcome of the application
- 15th June 2023: Registration opens
- 30th June 2023: Registration closes & fee payment deadline
- 3rd July - 7 July 2023: On-site event
- Free participation to the PhD students of the consortium TrainCKDs.
- Free participation to 5 students from these countries. The students will be selected on the base of their applications.
- 100€ – MSc, PhD, Postdoc students, Academic researchers, Non-academic researchers (for-profit companies).
- If your participation is NOT FREE of charge, please firstly register below
The summer school will be held at: Clinical Research Center for Rare Diseases “Aldo e Cele Daccò” - Istituto Di Recerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri IRCCS
Istituto Di Recerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri IRCCS: https://www.marionegri.it/eng/home
Université Paris Cité: https://u-paris.fr/en/
Send application & questions to: TrainCKDis Project Manager, Clara COQUART at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line TrainCKDis: Summer School [Application or Question] - [your Name]